Summer is just around the corner and I don’t know about you, but I love trying new and simple summer recipes. While you can eat any food at any time of the year, of course, I find I crave more fresh and vibrant foods as the weather warms up.
The added element of tender, roasted beets elevates this salad to become the perfect accompaniment to your brunch table. It simply can’t be beet.😉
Looking for other recipe ideas? Make sure to check out my quick and easy date ball recipe! Another great staple to take on the go during the warmer months.
What’s the Deal With Salads?
Before we get into the recipe, let’s chat for a second. Salads are another food that diet culture has gone and ruined for a lot of people. They’re seen as the “boring, healthy option that you’re supposed to choose.”
First and foremost, as intuitive eaters – if you’re craving a sandwich or a pizza that day, go for it! However also as intuitive eaters, it can be just as likely an option that we genuinely crave a salad (even as part of a holiday spread!)
Salads don’t need to be the “should” option. They can be the “want, desire, genuinely enjoy” option too! The same way you’d choose or make any food option with your favorite ingredients and toppings, the same can be done for salads.
Now the real question: does crumbled goat cheese belong on salads? We vote yes! IF that’s something you enjoy 😉
Check out this delicious simple summer recipe that is sure to be a favorite at your weekend brunch.
PSA to stop buying roasted beets because they’re so easy to make at home. Even easier with this how-to 😜
Simple Summer Recipes: The Perfect Summer Salad
- Large container of arugula or two regular sized bags
- 4-6 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios
- 2 large carrots (shaved or chopped!)
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- Your favorite balsamic dressing
- 4-5 beets
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- S + P to taste
- Your first step should focus on getting those beets roasted! Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel beets and drizzle with olive oil and a few shakes of salt and pepper
- Wrap beets in foil and pop in oven to roast for 1 hour
- Let cool and then cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Assemble salad with arugula as your base. Top with thinly sliced radishes, shaved carrots, pistachios, crumbled goat cheese and of course, those roasted beets
- Drizzle with your favorite balsamic dressing once ready to serve and enjoy!
Pro tip: if you aren’t about stained hands, wear gloves while handling beets 🤣
Note, leftover beets can be stored in fridge for up to a week!
Simple Summer Recipes: The Takeaway
Whether you’re having a picnic in the park or just looking for a light and refreshing lunch, this simple summer salad with arugula and roasted beets is perfect!
Not only is it delicious and satisfying, but it’s also packed with nutrients that will leave you feeling energized and refreshed. Nothing better than a quick & simple summer recipe that everyone can enjoy!
If you’re looking to schedule a free discovery call to learn more about working with an intuitive eating dietitian and finally finding the food freedom you deserve, click here. I am a metro Detroit-based dietitian and would be honored to support you on your journey.